Since there are many pieces within the offer_criteria object of the Banyan Offer data model, it is important to understand what result to expect in different purchase scenarios. Each item is assessed on the receipt as to whether it qualifies for the offer. Once that has been determined, the item's amount is included in the
qualified_item_total_amount tabulation which uses the
Whether the item is qualified depends on the fields:
- SKU Excluded
- SKU Included
- Tags Included
- Tags Excluded
Below is a decision tree for each item
Note, the paid amount for each item goes towards the
amount threshold of the offer after it goes through this decision tree and is deemed as qualified. Having an unqualified item in your order does not disqualify the transaction as a whole.
- Dates: The date of the purchase must fall within the start and expiration dates of the offer (inclusive)
- Repeat Amount: If there is a repeat amount set, an offer redemption will return as unqualified if all of the instances of the offer have already been redeemed.
- Order Type: The purchase must be made using a declared order type such as web or in_store or both.
- Amount Threshold: The total purchase of qualified items must clear the amount threshold
- Activation Required: The activation of the card or account must happen before the purchase timestamp in UTC
There are times, whether the purchase is made in store or online, where multiple payment types are used. Whether this is among many cards, gift cards, or with cash, there may be a desire to only have the user qualify and redeem an offer if the payment that has the offer activation has passed all of the criteria. In other scenarios, the reward is fulfilled based on the amount authorized across all payment types.
If using the Banyan API to set up your offer, this configuration is called
prorate_qualified_spend is set to TRUE, then only the activated account or card will be what is considered when assessing the minimum spend or other offer criteria. If
prorate_qualified_spend is set to FALSE, all payments will be considered in the assessment.
If using the UI to set up your offer, this configuration is pictured below:
The toggle of "prorate qualify spend" has options of Yes or No which correspond to the definitions described above as TRUE and FALSE respectively.
Updated 3 months ago